There are few things more emotionally enchanting than a wedding dress the drama, the magic, the love. The allure rarely wanes. Even though it's been a few years since I combed through hundreds of pounds of lace and satin to find "the one," I'm not ashamed to admit that I still occasionally enjoy browsing through wedding dresses. Perhaps it's the romantic in me, but whenever the opportunity to "research" dresses for a friend's future wedding presents itself, I'm the first to volunteer a helping hand; a task I recently took on for a dear friend who's getting married this fall.
During our pursuit, I was introduced to Essense of Australia, which has become one of the fastest growing companies in the bridal design industry. I was instantly smitten with their romantic and elegant selection and incredible attention to detail. I'm telling you guys, their design team is taking lace to the next level. I found myself particularly fond of their newest collection, which embodies that perfect touch of fashionable and sophistication.
- Know your body type. Even if you plan on shedding some extra pounds before the big day, your frame isn't going to drastically change. Knowing your shape; pear, full, thin, petite, is the first step to locating your ideal dress.
- Don't alter too much. While some seamstresses can work magic, most rarely hit it out of the park. Pick a dress that fits you almost perfectly to avoid losing the shape and accents that you love post-alterations.
- To camouflage large hips, stick with an A-line, box pleated or basque that hugs your natural waistline.
- For ladies who have been blessed with a larger bust line, a princess seamed dress is your best friend. To create a flattering vertical line, opt for a more halter neckline.
- Shy away from super long trains. While this dramatic detail looks fabulous dragging behind you during the ceremony, it's often difficult to replicate the beautiful and effortless way the bridal consultant folded it when it comes to hitting the dance floor.
- Keep your shopping group to a minimum. Too many opinions is never a good situation and can add more stress to an already stressful decision. Years later, when you look back on your special day, it's important that you're happy with the dress YOU chose.
For those in the market for that special day attire or if you're like me and just enjoy being whisked back into the wedding spirit, I've pulled some of my favorite Essense of Australia designs that are currently available. Happy browsing.
Style D2094 | Style D2002
Style D2073 | Style D2065
Style D1863 | Style D1985